While there are no hard and fast rules about when, where, or what perfumes you should wear, certain scents accentuate the seasons better than others. Fragrances that feature floral notes are a good fit for spring. Fresh, vibrant scents of herbs or citrus are a great choice for the summer. So, what works best in the chill months of autumn? Read on to discover your new signature fall fragrance.
Choose the Best Fall Perfumes
When the weather grows cold, it isn't only your wardrobe that needs to get warmer. Your signature fragrance should change as well. Choose fall perfumes made up of warming notes like sandalwood, vanilla, cinnamon, exotic florals, and cold-weather fruits.
The amber scent family consists of warm spices like cardamom, sensuous resins like frankincense, intoxicating flowers like jasmine, and earthy musks. If you're looking for the best fall perfumes that feature amber accords, you can't go wrong with these:
- Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian - This popular scent features notes of saffron, jasmine, amberwood, ambergris, fir resin, and cedar.
- Opium by Yves Saint Laurent - This perfume has been a classic since it was released way back in 1977. It has been reformulated over the years but the complex composition of spices, citrus, woods, and resins continues to make it one of the most popular fragrances for nearly 50 years.
Woody accords are often used in men's colognes, but they are featured in many women's fragrances as well. The woody scent family includes common woods like cedar as well as fragrant woods like sandalwood and patchouli. Try these woody fall perfumes for women:
- Alien by Mugler - Released in 2005, Alien quickly gained legendary status. Its composition is a deceptively simple blend of Indian jasmine, woody accords, and white amber.
- Very Irresistible Poesie d’un Parfum d’Hiver Cedre d’Hiver by Givenchy - This scent from the house of Givenchy features both atlas cedar and Virginia cedar blended with notes of rose, magnolia, star anise, amber, and incense.
Gourmand perfumes are dominated by the fragrance of edible fruits, spices, and sweets such as chocolate. These delicious scents will, quite literally, make you smell good enough to eat. If you're a fan of gourmand fragrances, you can't go wrong with these:
- Angel by Mugler - Widely considered the first gourmand scent, this award-winning fragrance contains an extensive number of notes that include coconut, melon, citrus, chocolate, caramel, honey, nutmeg, and cotton candy.
- 4711 Acqua Colonia Blackberry & Cocoa by 4711 - This is a darkly sweet and tart scent that contains only two notes. What could be better than the classic combination of bittersweet chocolate and ripe blackberries?
Shop Fall Fragrances at LaBelle Perfumes
LaBelle Perfumes has been a purveyor of fine fragrances since 1985. We offer a 100% guarantee of authenticity on all the scents they offer and pride themselves on excellent customer service and competitive pricing. If you're looking for new fall perfumes, browse the expansive catalog of amber, woody, and gourmand fragrances for women at LaBelle Perfumes today.